"Doubt is a condition of life quaking in the bone because the bone is on fire." - Jack Kerouac, some of the dharma

Monday, November 1, 2010

Beautiful

November makes sense to me this year.  The way that the days shorten makes sense this year.  My own increasing fatigue going into the end of the year is mounting, as well.  I'm exhausted, but feel quite alive.  This weekend I needed to ruminate, I think, in feelings.  I have a glut of feelings.
I talked to a friend and realized that these feelings will resolve.  It is hard, of course, this new state I'm in - where everything is suspended.  I don't know what will happen next.  I don't think I'm going to be in the same place next year at this time.  Wherever I am, I know everything will be okay.  This is a full out rally of the heart I'm engaging in, with help from the brain.  This life is the proof of my will.  I am strong willed.
I finished the initial draft of another part of the whole of the project today.  That makes 40K words now.  That number is shocking to me.  Two thirds done, in five of the most tumultuous months of my adult life.  I have two more months and am coaxing the rest of it.  I have all thirteen working titles.  I have the framework.  I understand much more about the project.  The remainder takes shape.
I hold my breath sometimes, afraid to hope, but more afraid not to hope.
November, what do you bring to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment