"Doubt is a condition of life quaking in the bone because the bone is on fire." - Jack Kerouac, some of the dharma

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gloria


Had a glorious hour reading the Times and drinking a cup of coffee.  This is a good thing a person can do, to feel happy in life, a little bit.
Want to write in Latin, in dead languages, to understand germs of words.  This is the phrase I read this morning that makes me think interesting things: omnis cellula e cellula. All cells rise from other cells.  I think the front matter of the new book will include that.
Keep reading through the elegy for my friend.  I am not sure that when I read it out I will be able to do it.  I know I will - I can get through it, I think, but it is a loaded work for me.  Grace gives gifts of time that teaches context.  That's what I keep thinking.
I will edit now, and shape.  Like a sculptor.  You think a work is alright, then read it with cold eyes and it needs something.  So that is what I'll do.  Shaping.  Endlessly shaping.  Waiting for the right time to strike with the next one, the next idea, which is right under the surface now, I can feel it.  Sort of makes me feel crazy til it is born.
I've abandoned the plan for this past week, the monastic plan.  I'm no monk.

No comments:

Post a Comment