"Doubt is a condition of life quaking in the bone because the bone is on fire." - Jack Kerouac, some of the dharma

Thursday, October 21, 2010

New and Old

So these are the last days, before everything changes, and my new monasticism goes full force.  I'm planning.  Researching even.  Maybe binging a little - why yes, I will have the grilled cheese at the diner because come Monday, no more diners. . and that's how I'm thinking.
But, everything is changing.  I've had constant company for weeks, and that is going away.  On Monday.  I've been living and enjoying it, but the time for that is passing.  I don't know an apt metaphor.  All I think of come up short.
I'm trying to imagine how my life will be, come Monday.  I already know, partly at least. I know it will be quiet here, very quiet.
I'll have everything I need in, so I won't have to buy anything, or go anywhere.  Think of the time that a person spends running errands of that sort.  I'm also doing little things, like making sure I have financial stuff planned for, like bills added to the online banking site I use.  I want to be able to track all of that.  But I don't want to spend any energy on it during this new phase.  I want all my available energy for this concentration and purification.  I'm making lists again today, and a calendar.
I'm hoping that by the end of the year, that mentally and physically I'm in a new place by Jan 1, 2011.
Components to work on, upcoming meditations about new, virtue-driven life:
Concentration
Cleanliness
Transcendence
Obligation
Organization
Slowness/Peace
Spiritual components of philosophical studies

No comments:

Post a Comment